Home / Mobile / Apparent kitchen fire destroys mobile home on Saturday – Texarkana Gazette

Apparent kitchen fire destroys mobile home on Saturday – Texarkana Gazette

story.lead_photo.caption

TEXARKANA — An apparent kitchen stove related fire destroyed a mobile home just before 4:30 p.m., Saturday in the 1500 block of George Thomas Road.

Both Liberty Eylau and Redwater Volunteer Fire Department firefighters battled the blaze for about three hours to get it under control, a Liberty Eylau VFD spokesman said Monday evening.

Liberty Eylau Volunteer Fire Chief Mandy Freeman said earlier Monday that the mobile home was fully engulfed with flames when fire units from both departments arrived. She said the residents did manage to get out safely.

Bowie County Fire Marshal Scotty Taylor said Monday evening the fire appeared to have been caused by the kitchen stove.

Earlier Saturday, Texarkana Arkansas Fire Department units responded to a fire reported in the 1800 block of North Rondo Road, shortly before 5:50 a.m. Arkansas-side Fire Marshall Jim Wall said the residents had the small fire under control and out before city units arrived.

—­From Staff Reports


Source link

About

Check Also

Black Friday 2020 Deals: Best iPhone 12 offers from AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and more – CNET

The new iPhone 12 lineup arrived a bit later than usual this year, but all four …