CLERMONT COUNTY, Ohio (WKRC) – Four locations of a business and a home have been raided as part of an illegal casino operation in Clermont and Brown counties.
Gaming equipment, cash and documents were seized during the raids at four Choice Cigar & Tobacco locations on Dec. 5. A home on Clover Road in Williamsburg Township was also searched.
- Choice Cigar & Tobacco, 2234 Bauer Road, Batavia, Ohio
- Choice Cigar & Tobacco, 110 East Plane Street, Bethel, Ohio
- Choice Cigar & Tobacco, 654 East State Street, Georgetown, Ohio
- Choice Cigar & Tobacco, 147 North Point Drive, Mount Orab, Ohio
- Wilson Residence, 3470 Clover Road, Bethel, Ohio
Gaming agents began investigating the businesses after someone complained that the Bethel location was operating machines. The same person owns the businesses and would allegedly pay out cash prizes.
“Illegal casinos prey on vulnerable Ohioans, operate without proper oversight and offer no recourse for consumers,” said Ohio Casino Control Commission Executive Director Matthew Schuler. “The Commission will continue to hold accountable those who disregard Ohio’s gambling laws, and we appreciate the assistance of our law enforcement partners in today’s operation.”
So far, no arrests have been made but gaming agents continue to investigate.