AirDrop is an application on the iPad that allows you to wirelessly share files, videos, photos are more with other AirDrop-enabled devices. It requires the use of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. In addition, it can only allow sharing between devices that are within 30 feet of each other. In some cases, both devices must also be logged into iCloud. Here’s a look at how to use AirDrop iPad.
You will start with turning the feature on by going through the following steps:
- Open the Control Center.
- Select AirDrop.
- Choose how you will share on the menu. You can choose to share with only your contacts or everyone. Once you make your choice, it will automatically turn on the app, along with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi if they weren’t already on.
Once the app is open, you can begin to share and receive files. To share files, follow these steps:
- Choose the content you want to share. If it is a photo, you would open the photo app and choose the photo you want to share. For files, open the file you want to share, and tap share.
2. The Tap to Share with AirDrop panel will come up and show you people or devices in range that you can share with. Tap on the person or device.
To receive items via AirDrop, make sure you are signed into iCloud. If someone sends you an item, you will get a notification asking you to accept or decline it.
Other how to AirDrop Resources:
- What is AirDrop
- How to use AirDrop
- How to turn on AirDrop
- How to AirDrop photos
- How to use AirDrop on iPad
- How to use AirDrop on a Mac