In this article, we at iLounge will guide you on you can download and install the iOS 13 beta on your device. If you are new to this, don’t worry as it’s really easy as A, B, and C. I will do my best to keep this article short and easy to understand.
Take a backup before you upgrade
Before you upgrade your device to the iOS 13 Beta, we suggest you take your device’s backup via iCloud and iTunes. So in case something goes wrong, you don’t lose any of your data.
The new iOS version is still under development, so unexpected issues may come along. That’s why taking a backup is so important.
Apple has written a full guide to back up your iPhone, iPad and iPod devices here. So do have a read and make sure to have a backup of your device before proceeding.
Downloading the iOS 13 Beta
If it’s your first time downloading an iOS in Beta, then you will need to sign up to Apple Beta Software Program. Don’t worry as the Beta program is free to join and there are approvals needed from Apple. Therefore, anyone can join.
To join Apple Beta Software Program and download the iOS 13 Beta, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Apple Beta Software Program webpage.
- Click on the blue “Sign up” button.
- Sign in to the Apple Beta Software Program with your Apple ID.
- Accept the Apple Beta Software Program Agreement.
- Scroll down and under “Get Started” section, click on the blue link where it says “enroll your iOS device”.
- Now on your iOS device, open “Safari” browser.
- Go to http://beta.apple.com/profile on your Safari browser to download the configuration profile for the iOS 13 Beta.
- After the configuration profile has been download, go to “Settings” and tap on the profile.
- Follow the instructions displayed to allow the installation.
- Now go to Settings > General > Software Update to install the iOS 13 Beta.
Downloading the software update will take some time. Therefore, we suggest you keep your device on charge. Once the update has downloaded, proceed with the installation just like you normally install a new iOS update.