Overkill’s The Walking Dead for PC enters closed beta
Play the first two missions and two camp defense scenarios.
The PC version of Overkill’s The Walking Dead has entered closed beta, publisher 505 Games announced.
The closed beta features the game’s first two missions and two camp defense scenarios, with additional stages due out in the lead up to its full release for PC on November 6.
Here are the time slots for the closed beta:
- PST – October 9 at 10:00 to October 10 at 23:59
- EST – October 9 at 13:00 to October 11 at 03:00
- CEST – October 9 at 19:00 to October 11 09:00
- PST – October 12 at 10:00 to October 15 at 09:00
- EST – October 12 at 13:00 to October 15 at 12:00
- CEST – October 12 at 19:00 to October 15 at 18:00
- PST – October 19 at 10:00 to October 22 at 09:00
- EST – October 19 at 13:00 to October 22 at 12:00
- CEST – October 19 at 19:00 to October 22 at 18:00
Users can gain access to the closed beta by pre-ordering the game via Steam. Players who buy the standard edition will receive a single invite, while players who pre-order the Deluxe Edition will receive four closed beta keys to share with friends. All pre-orders will include the bonus Overkill cosmetic skin pack.
Here is a brief overview of the game, via 505 Games:
Inspired by Robert Kirkman’s original graphic novels, Overkill’s The Walking Dead is a four-player co-op action game where players must band together on a variety of missions and raids to find survivors, secure supplies and stay alive. Use stealth to evade enemies tactically, or dismember walkers limb from limb with brute force and firepower. Each of the game’s four playable characters has their own special abilities, skill trees, squad roles, play styles and background stories.
While the PC version of the game is due out on November 6, a PlayStation 4 and Xbox One version of Overkill’s The Walking Dead will be released on February 6, 2019 in the Americas and February 8 in Europe.